This piquant roasted garlic, anchovy and caper dressing is tangy and zesty. Capers have such a burst of flavour along with the sweetness of the roasted garlic. The added freshness of parsley and lemon zest along with a good glug of extra virgin olive oil bring it all together.
When garlic is roasted its flavour is rich, sweet, mellow and velvety smooth and tastes nothing like fresh garlic.
Processor or knife?
Dressing can be made in a food processor by pulsing so as it still has texture. You will probably get a more uniform dressing by using a knife but the food processor wins out for us because of time.
Ideas to use Roasted Garlic, Anchovy and Caper Dressing
- fried seafood loves this dressing
- tomato slices
- goats cheese
- smoked salmon
- over steamed fish
- really anything that loves a great little piquant sauce!
Check out this delicious recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
What’s your favourite dressing recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know when you make this roasted garlic, anchovy and caper dressing.
This piquant roasted garlic, anchovy and caper dressing is delicious teamed with fried haloumi and fried seafood.
- 6 fat cloves of garlic
- 6 anchovy fillets coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of salted capers - rinsed
- 3 tablespoons - or to taste fresh squeezed lemon juice
- finely grated zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups flat leafed parsley - leaves only
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- pulse all ingredients till there is still some texture
- serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 159Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 2mgSodium 117mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 1g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.