Mangoes say summer is here and this Thai mango and lobster salad says delicious. Mangoes and seafood marry so well and this is a combination we love. Sweet mangoes and succulent lobster tails teamed with avocado, asparagus, mint and coriander along with a spicy lime dressing. All these fresh clean flavours combine to deliver a fabulous flavour burst. What’s not to like?
Lobster to us always says a little bit of luxury. We think this salad would be perfect for the holidays when a little bit of indulgence is required.
We have used small lobster tails allowing one per person. They are around 6 inches (15 cm) long. These are frozen uncooked so you simply steam them for around 8 minutes then plunge into ice water. Too easy!
A good tip for making perfect avocado slices is to halve the avocado and remove the stone, cut the half in half and gently peel the skin from the tip. Slice into desired thickness. Too easy!
Fresh lime juice forms the basis for this sweet and sour dressing. Taking only minutes to make it is sure to become a go to dressing for salads.
Check out some more winning salad recipes
- mexican prawn mango and avocado salad
- tomato burrata basil and prosciutto salad
- easy egg and bacon potato salad
- thai smoked chicken and papaya salad
- chilli caramel salmon salad – gf
Have you tried our Thai Mango and Lobster Salad? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Thai Mango and Lobster Salad - entree
Thai mango and lobster salad is super quick to put together. The flavours are clean, zesty and delicious. A perfect salad for entertaining and the lobster adds a little luxury. Swap the lobster for prawns or scallops and you still have delicious. 4 entree serves
- 1/4 cup caster sugar plus 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice - (3 large limes)
- 1 long red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 mini frozen or fresh lobsters approximately 4 ounces (100 g) each - see notes
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/2 medium red onion peeled and finely sliced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- small handful fresh coriander leaves
- combine all ingredients in small saucepan
- heat for a minute or two until sugar has dissolved
- remove from heat and set aside
- add sliced onion to dressing and leave aside
- steam lobster( if using frozen) and asparagus for about 8 minutes or until cooked
- plunge lobster and asparagus into ice water
- cut mangoes into slices
- add mangoes slices to dressing and onions
- peel and slice lobster tails into medallions - see notes
- slice asparagus spears into 4 pieces on an angle - use spear tips for the main decoration
- peel and slice avocado
- remove mango and onion from dressing and place on plates
- decorate with remaining ingredients
- drizzle the dressing lightly over salad
- serve and enjoy!
- if using frozen lobster steaming times depends on the size you are using. Mini lobster tails (without heads ) measure around 5-6 inches (15 cm) and will take around 8 minutes to steam.
- use kitchen scissors to cut through the underside of the lobster and peel back shell
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g