Prep: 20 minutes | Bake: 40 minutes | Ingredients: 11 | Serving: 8
Crustless Smoked Salmon And Leek Quiche is super quick to put together. Twenty minutes to prepare, then let the oven do the rest of the work. Dinner on the table in one hour, and you’re good to go.
This is a perfect dish to make when you want something incredibly tasty, easy and super quick to prepare. Crustless Smoked Salmon And Leek Quiche is a real winner in our book.
It’s perfect for brunch, lunch, picnics or a light dinner, along with a salad.
At a Glance This Is What You Need To Make Our Crustless Smoked Salmon and Leek Quiche
Self Raising Flour
Easy Crustless Smoked Salmon and Leek Quiche
Crustless quiche means that you take the pastry step out from the recipe which saves a lot of time, and carbs! You can have your quiche and eat it too!
It’s really a formula rather than a recipe that can be adapted with what you have on hand, just keep the egg, flour and milk ratio the same. Try one of our suggestions below, or make up your own combinations with what you have on hand. 😀
- swap the same amount of smoked salmon for the same weight of tinned salmon
- don’t have a leek, use an onion instead of the leek
- swap the salmon for 125g (4 1/2 ounces) of left over chicken and roasted pumpkin, or sweet potato, and omit the dill
- use bacon, or ham with a sprinkle of finely chopped parsley instead of the smoked salmon and omit the dill
- steamed cauliflower instead of smoked salmon is delicious
- grated zucchini instead of smoked salmon
- baby spinach and goats cheese instead of salmon and cheddar
What Can I Use Instead Of A Quiche Dish?
You don’t need a classic ceramic French-style quiche dish to make this crustless quiche. Use a round cake tin or a ceramic, or a glass baking dish.
Whatever you use the trick to not getting the quiche to stick is to lightly butter the tin, or pan so as the quiche is able to be sliced and the slice removed without sticking. If you’re at all worried about your quiche sticking just grease the pan with butter and then place a piece of baking paper the same size as the base of your pan in the bottom. Baking paper comes in handy especially if you’re using an older type metal pan as seem to often stick. Too easy!
How To Store Crustless Quiche
Store the quiche covered with cling film in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (we bet it wouldn’t last 5 days in our fridge).
6 Easy Steps To Make Our Crustless Smoked Salmon and Leek Quiche
- Melt butter and gently soften sliced leeks (about 3-4 minutes)
- Combine salmon, cheese, leeks and flour in a bowl
- Mix the combined ingredients until the flour is evenly distributed
- Evenly spread across the base of the greased pan
- Add the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, horseradish, lemon zest, capers, dill and chives to a bowl and whisk until combined
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pan and bake until golden and set
Can You Freeze Crustless Quiche?
Yes, you can freeze this crustless quiche. Wrap individual slices in cling film, then wrap in foil. Allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and eat it cold, or warm in the oven for 10 minutes or so at around 160c (320f).
How To Serve Crustless Quiche
The beauty about this crustless quiche recipe is that it tastes great served either hot or cold. We like to serve it with a simple green salad and some crusty bread.
Hot Tip: Using Salmon Offcuts
Smoked salmon can be expensive so we like to use salmon offcuts which are considerably cheaper than sliced smoked salmon. In Australia, we’re partial to using Tasmanian Huon brand smoked salmon offcuts sold in our major supermarkets as, ‘Salmon to Go Deli Bites’.
It’s the little bits and pieces leftover after the salmon has been sliced and trimmed, and tastes exactly the same, but around half the price. Thank us later! 😜
Watch How To Make Crustless Salmon and Leek Quiche
Still Hungry? Subscribe to our newsletter and follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
What Can I Make With Lots Of Eggs?
Eggs are just so versatile, and everyone seems to have eggs on hand. We’re no different to lots of other families when it comes to making something quick to eat.
Check out some more quick and tasty recipes:
- Caramelised Onion and Blue Cheese Mini Quiche super quick, and very tasty.
- Bacon Zucchini and Corn Slice perfect for lunch boxes, snacks or picnics.
- Bacon and Cheese Strata perfect for a brunch, and can be prepared the day before baking.
- Zucchini and Bacon Slice another great little recipe, and super tasty.
Don’t forget to rate this recipe and let us know what you thought when you make this fabulous Crustless Smoked Salmon and Leek Quiche in the reviews below.
Crustless Smoked Salmon and Leek Quiche
Crustless smoked salmon and leek quiche is super quick to put together. Twenty minutes to prepare, then let the oven do the rest of the work. Dinner on the table in one hour and you're good to go. Easy!
It's great served hot or cold.
Originally published January 2020
- 125 g smoked salmon, cut into smallish pieces (4 1/2 oz)
- 1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 25 g butter, plus a little extra for buttering the pan (1 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons baby capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1/3 cup chives, finely sliced
- lightly butter a 5 cup capacity (25 cm / 10 inch) pie dish
- preheat oven to 200c (390f) on bake, not fan
- melt butter and gently soften sliced leeks (about 3-4 minutes)
- combine salmon, cheese, leeks and flour in a bowl and toss the flour through
- evenly scatter mixture into the base of the dish
- in a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, horseradish, zest, capers, dill and chives
- pour mixture over the salmon mixture
- bake on middle shelf for 40 minutes till golden
- serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 129mgSodium 691mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 13g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.
Coops, like all Retrievers, loves to ‘mouth’ soft things, and his mate Little Ted is no exception. Here he is asleep with Little Ted, who has seen better days!
Baked this for dinner last night. It’s a winner!
Thank you for clear recipe instructions.
Reheated four wedges to add to poke bowl when friends came to lunch today. Just so tasty.
Added to my food repertoire.
Hi Cimmie, thanks so much for commenting and sharing. We can almost taste this in a poke bowl, what a great addition. So pleased you enjoyed this and have added it to your repertoire. Regards, Jo and Jen
Fabulously tasty & so simple to make. Followed recipe exactly yet will be easy to adapt. I also made the Recipe Winners lemon coconut slice ( more of a cake) & that was equally as tasty & simple. Enjoy your bakes.
Hi Trace, so pleased you enjoyed this quick to make crustless quiche and the tasty lemon coconut slice. Thanks for commenting. Regards, Jo and Jen