Ravioli with asparagus and bacon Quick Ravioli with Asparagus and Bacon
This is a little winner of a recipe. We’ve used store bought artisan ravioli which makes life easy. There are days that we really don’t want to crank up in the kitchen and this ravioli recipe is super tasty and quick to prepare.
Asparagus has just come into season here in Australia and is selling for 90 cents a bunch! Ridiculously cheap, and one of our favourite vegetables. We’ll be cooking up loads of ‘gus recipes in the coming weeks.
At a Glance This Is What You Need To Make Quick Ravioli with Asparagus and Bacon
smokey barbeque sauce
red kidney beans
sweet smoked paprika
Smooshing the garlic
Crush the garlic with the back of a knife. Add salt and use the tip of your knife to flatten the garlic till it is very finely and evenly minced.
Making the sauce
There is no cream in this sauce. Instead we have used pasta water to thicken the yolks and cheese. By reserving some pasta cooking water which is full of starch it turns the sauce into a silky, saucy emulsification that coats the pasta.
Dinner in less than 30 minutes!
Ravioli with asparagus and bacon is a delicious creamy, and rich pasta dish. It is super easy to make and comes together in under 30 minutes. Pour yourself a glass of wine, a little chopping and grating later and you’re on your way to a super delicious pasta.
Check out some more winning pasta recipes
What’s your favourite pasta recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this delicious ravioli with asparagus and bacon.
Ravioli with Asparagus and Bacon
This ravioli with asparagus and bacon sauce is a winner for putting together a tasty pasta using store bought pasta.
Quick, tasty and delicious and made in minutes.
- 325 g (11 ounces) store bought cheese filled ravioli
- 2 bunches asparagus cut into 3 cm (1 inch) pieces
- 4 rashers streaky bacon cut into 1 1/4 cm (1/2 inch) pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 g (2 ounces) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 fat cloves of garlic minced with 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 3/4 cup of the ravioli cooking water
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra parmesan cheese to serve
- fry bacon in a large frypan over medium heat
- cook ravioli to manufacturers instructions, but 2 minutes short of recommended cooking time - see notes
- add asparagus to bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes
- whisk egg yolks, parmesan, garlic and pepper in a bowl
- add ravioli cooking water to egg yolk mixture
- drain ravioli and add to asparagus and bacon
- add egg yolk mixture to frypan and cook for a minute or two till liquid creates a creamy sauce
- serve and enjoy!
- ravioli finishes cooking in the sauce which is why you drain it before the recommended cooking time
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Excellent…tasty and yum! Easy to put together…makes a great quick meal.
Hi Carol, got to love a quick meal idea, and this ravioli is a great standby recipe. Glad you enjoyed it. Regards, Jo and Jen