Peach frangipane tart is very quick and easy to make using store bought puff pastry. Golden butter puff pastry layered with frangipanes sweet almond and heady aroma, topped off with ripe summer peaches, lightly dusted with sugar is simplicity itself.
We love to make these rustic tarts during summer switching up the fruits used for whatever is looking perfect on the day.
Frangipane is a delicious smooth almond flavoured sweet pastry cream. Made with ground almonds, milk, sugar, flour, eggs and butter and only takes a few minutes to make.
Leftover frangipane freezes well which makes this an even faster fabulous dessert to make in minutes.
Almond meal (flour)
If you don’t have almond meal (flour) you can simply grind almonds in a food processor. The result may not be as fine as store bought – it just gives your frangipane a little more texture without affecting the recipe.
Mix it up
You can swap out the peaches for apples, pears, nectarines, berries or apricots.
Look for ‘butter’ puff pastry as the flavour is much better than pastry made with margarine.
This tart is easy to make ahead and bake on the day. Mix up your frangipane mix which will keep for three days in the fridge, grab your pastry from the freezer, slice up the fruit, sprinkle with sugar and voila, you’re done!
scroll down for Quick Peach Frangipane Tart recipe
Check out some more fabulous winning tart recipes
click on the link…..Pear and Almond Crustless Tart – Gluten Free
click on the link…..Easy Crustless Lemon Tart
click on the link…..Apple Frangipane Tart
click on the link…..Italian Lemon Mascarpone Tart
click on the link…….Cheese Puff Tarts
What’s your favourite tart recipe?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this delicious Quick Summer Peach Frangipane Tart.
Peach Frangipane Tart
Golden butter puff pastry layered with frangipanes sweet almond and heady aroma, topped off with ripe summer peaches, lightly dusted with sugar is simplicity itself.
- store bought ready rolled butter puff pastry square measuring 22cm (8 1/2 inch)
- 4 or 5 medium fresh peaches, washed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons demerara or castor sugar
- 50 g (1 3/4 ounces) softened butter
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 1 tablespoon plain (all purpose) flour
- beat butter and sugar in a small bowl until pale and fluffy (about 3 minutes)
- add egg and vanilla and beat until combined
- add almond meal and flour and beat till smooth (about 1-2 minutes)
- put aside till ready to use
- remove pastry sheet from freezer
- preheat oven to 220c (200c fan forced), 430f (390f fan forced)
- line a baking sheet with baking paper
- place pastry on baking paper
- spread frangipane mixture leaving a 2 1/2 cm (1 inch) border - frangipane mixture will spread
- layer peach slices and sprinkle with demerara sugar
- bake on middle shelf for 20-25 minutes or until golden
- serve and enjoy!
- frangipane mixture can be made ahead
- tart is best eaten on the day
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Coops would just love to get into the paddock where the cattle are grazing. A favourite past time of his is rolling in cow pats or wading and rolling into the muddy bottom of a drought stricken dam.
The https://recipewinners.com website is one of the best we have
found, and the Peach Frangipane Tart article
is very well written and useful!
I want to share with you a link that also helped me a lot in cooking:
Thanks and kisses! 🙂