Peach and raspberry streusel cake is a cake that we love to make in summer when fresh peaches are in season. A moist cake scented with orange zest, peaches and raspberries, loaded on top with a delicious crunchy cinnamon streusel crumble.
We grew up eating this cake as it was a combination that our Mum, Noela, used to serve up regularly. Growing up on a farm, that at one time had been a nursery there were fruit trees galore around the farm. Quince, plum, peach, apricot, almonds and walnut trees, to name a few. Food adventures featured heavily in our childhood, and cakes and baking were always high on the agenda.
Sweet yellow peaches are delicious baked into the cake. Their juices merge with the batter and raspberries to create a perfect combination.
Perhaps the easiest way to peel your peaches is to make a small cross incision at the base. Pop the peaches into boiling water for a minute then remove. The skin will easily peel of from where the slit was made.
The streusel creates a sweet, buttery and crumbly topping that marries perfectly with the juicy peaches and raspberries.
Watch How To Make Peach and Raspberry Streusel Cake
Check out some more winning cake recipes
click on the link…..Strawberry and Cream Sponge Cake
click on the link…..Chocolate Almond Cake
click on the link…..Orange and Almond Cake
click on the link…..Easy Moist Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Icing
click on the link…..Italian Lemon, Almond and White Chocolate Cake – Gluten Free
What’s your favourite peach recipe?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this fabulous summer peach and raspberry streusel cake recipe.
This cake is moist, filled with fruit and has a crunchy cinnamon streusel topping. It can be kept in the refrigerator as there is no butter to 'firm' the cake up. Serve with some freshly whipped cream. Delish!
- 5 ounces (150 g) all purpose (plain) flour
- 4 ounces (115 g) softened unsalted butter
- 3 ounces (90 g) demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large yellow peaches - peeled and sliced
- 125g (4 1/2 ounces) fresh or frozen raspberries (1 punnet)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/4 cups (165 g) plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- in a small bowl add flour, demerera sugar, cinnamon and butter
- using a hand beater beat until mixture is evenly mixed
- put aside till ready to use
- grease a 22 cm (9 inch) springform cake tin
- cut a circle of baking paper and place on base of tin
- preheat oven to 190c (375f) on bake, not fan
- in a large bowl whisk together flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt
- in a seperate bowl whisk eggs, oil, sour cream, orange zest, and vanilla
- stir in sugar to egg mixture
- add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix thoroughly
- pour mixture into springform tin
- place peach slices in a circle around the tin finishing in the centre and sprinkle with raspberries
- crumble streusel topping evenly over peaches and raspberries
- place cake on centre shelf of oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- place cake on a cake rack to cool for 10 minutes - see notes
- run a knife around the the tin and release sides of springform tin
- allow cake to cool
- serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Cooper loves to play, but he also loves to sleep and nothing quite says comfortable pillow more than his new giant unicorn toy. Aw, so cute!