No churn vanilla bean ice cream is a winner. No ice cream maker, no problem. This smooth and creamy, super easy and quick recipe, uses just three ingredients. Have a spare 5 minutes, and you’ll have made your ice cream. Too easy!
Our niece Kylie, put us onto this recipe and says she always has a tub in her freezer, and whenever she serves it everyone asks for the recipe. She often rings the changes and likes to add her favourite Lindt mint, or hazelnut chocolate finely chopped into the ice cream. Another winner she likes is smooshing frozen raspberries then swirls that through to give a raspberry ripple effect. Yum, can’t wait to try that one.
other flavours to fold through
- crushed honeycomb
- cocoa powder
- toasted coconut
- dehydrated strawberries
- fresh pitted cherries and chocolate chips
- salted caramel swirled through
- coffee powder and frangelico
- pureed mango
- almost anything goes!
How does it work
Condensed milk is high in sugar, and also the milk has been condensed down so that a lot of the water within the milk has evaporated so you’ll get a very creamy, ice cream and not, icy and sorbet like.
Watch How To Make It
Please scroll down for the No Churn Vanilla Bean Ice cream recipe.
Check out some more winning summer desserts
click on the link for the recipe…..Peach Frangipane Tart
click on the link for the recipe…..Easy Crustless Lemon Tart
click on the link for the recipe…..Easy Pavlova Strawberry and Almond Roll
click on the link for the recipe……Pineapple, Mint and Chilli Sorbet – Gluten Free
click on the link for the recipe…..Lemon Curd and Almond Rolled Pavlova.
What’s your favourite ice cream flavour? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this delicious no churn vanilla bean ice cream recipe.
You don't need an ice cream machine to whip up this amazingly good vanilla bean ice cream.
- 600ml pure cream (1 1/4 pints) chilled
- 1 x 395g can of sweetened condensed milk (1 x 14 ounce) chilled
- 1 vanilla pod split and seed scraped or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- chill the condensed milk, bowl that your making the ice cream in and the container
- beat cream until cream can just hold its shape (soft peak) when you lift the beater
- turn mixer speed to low and gradually trickle in the chilled condensed milk (you should still have soft peaks)
- now add the vanilla bean seeds or extract and beat until the cream is just firm ( do not over beat or it will result in a grainy ice cream)
- spoon into a chilled container and freeze for approximately 4 hours