Moroccan chicken with preserved lemons and olives is a dish we love. Chicken cooked until succulently moist and saturated with the flavours of olives, Preserved lemons , onions and the warming scent of the spices along with fresh herbs. Served with steamed rice and flat breads it’s a winning dish.
What we love about this dish is how fast it is to pull together and yet the flavour it delivers would suggest a lot more work has gone into it than it really has.
We bumped into some friends the other day and decided to catch up that evening. Despite the fact we had a busy day in front of us it literally took 20 minutes to prepare dinner while chatting over a glass of wine. No stress and everyone enjoyed. What’s not to love?
scroll down for Moroccan chicken with preserved lemons recipe
Check out some more quick and delicious recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..chicken yakisoba
click on the link for the recipe….chicken stir fry with asparagus and ginger
click on the link for the recipe…..stir fried pork and sesame udon noodles
click on the link for the recipe…..stir fried chicken with sweet potato and kaffir lime
What’s your favourite chicken stir fry?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this delicious Moroccan chicken with preserved lemons recipe.
Moroccan chicken is sure to become one of your go to recipes. Quick, economical and absolutely chock full of flavour. What's not to like?
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
- ground ginger 1 teaspoon
- garlic finely chopped 6 fat cloves
- ground cumin 1 1/2 teaspoons
- ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- red pepper flakes (chilli flakes) 1 teaspoon
- ground turmeric 1 teaspoon
- skinless chicken thighs 8 boneless, (approx 2 lb or 1 kg) cut into generous bite sized pieces
- olive oil 3 - 4 tablespoons
- brown onions 2 medium, halved and thinly sliced
- chicken stock 1 cup ( we use Oxo chicken stock cubes)
- flat leaf parsley 1 cup chopped fresh
- preserved lemon 1 whole, flesh discarded, rinsed and chopped into small dice - see notes
- pitted kalamata olives 1/2 cup
- chopped fresh coriander 1 cup
- fresh lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Combine all marinade ingredients and chicken, toss well to coat evenly. Refrigerate till ready to use
- Heat extra olive oil in a pan and fry off onion on medium heat till softened without browning.
- Add marinated chicken and cook for 5 minutes (chicken will not be cooked through at this stage).
- Add the stock, bring to boil and then simmer for 5 - 10 minutes (depending on the size of your pieces), stirring occasionally.
- Lastly add coriander, parsley, olives, preserved lemons and lemon juice, simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice or couscous and flatbreads
- Preserved Lemons are easily made at home, click for our recipe
- only the skin of the preserved lemon is used, discarding the flesh and keeping the skin which needs to be rinsed before using
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g