We love a good salsa and this chargrilled corn salsa with avocado and black beans with a zingy lime dressing is an explosion of flavours. Chargrilled corn, tomatoes, avocado, beans, onion, coriander, garlic and chilli combined with loads of fresh lime juice and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add a little cumin and it’s party time.
Tacos are such a great party finger food, as all the prep is done in advance and this salsa delivers both visually and taste wise. Fresh and clean tasting flavours marry so well with beef, chicken or fish tacos.
Making corn salsa in advance
If you make this corn salsa in advance simply leave out the avocado until just before you’re ready to serve. Avocado tends to brown if it sits around for too long so it’s best to add it shortly before serving.
Check out more winning finger food recipes
- chargrilled bell peppers with garlic and anchovies
- egg salad sandwich
- guacamole with tabasco – gluten free
- oven baked chicken wings with ginger and garlic dressing
What’s your favourite salsa recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Mexican chargrilled corn salsa is fresh, clean and an explosion of flavours in the mouth. Topped off with fresh lime juice and coriander. Delicious!
- 1 tin black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes deseed and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cobs sweet corn chargrilled and corn sliced from cob
- 1 medium red onion cut into small pieces
- 2 avocados cut into small cubes -see notes
- large handful coriander chopped
- 1 long red chilli chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- extra lime cheeks to serve
- mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- serve and enjoy!
- if making in advance add avocado shortly before serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 291Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 13mgSodium 253mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 7gSugar 4gProtein 9g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.