Meatloaf with BBQ glaze is a winner. This recipe has been floating around our family for so long and it’s great hot or cold. What’s not to like.
Meatloaf is just one of those favourites that a lot of families have a favourite recipe for. This recipe has certainly been made many, many times in our family. It’s moist and very flavoursome. Perfect for serving with creamy mashed potatoes, taking on a picnic or piling onto a sandwich.
The meat needs to have fat. Period. You will not get a moist, flavoursome meatloaf without it. This is one recipe that will not thank you for using lean beef. Same goes for the sausage mince. We used sausages that we took the meat out of the skins, and again, you need fat.
The glaze is a little spicy, a lot barbecuey, with a really interesting back note from the instant coffee. If you really like your sauce, simply double the sauce recipe. Nothing wrong with a little extra sauce on your mashed potatoes.
Get hands on
The only way to really incorporate the flavours is to get your hands into the bowl and mince it all together.
You’ll need to helicopter over your meatloaf, and continually baste it to achieve the lovely deep mahogany saucy crust.
Watch How To Make Meatloaf with BBQ Glaze
Scroll to the bottom for the Meatloaf with BBQ Glaze recipe
Check out some more winning recipes using mince (ground) meat
click on the link for the recipe…..Stir Fried Pork and Sesame Udon Noodles
click on the link for the recipe…..Homemade Merguez Sausages
click on the link for the recipe…..Smoky Chilli Con Carne – Gluten Free
click on the link for the recipe…..Italian Baked Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
What’s your favourite meatloaf recipe?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this delicious meatloaf with BBQ Glaze.
- 500g ( 1.1 pounds) beef mince (ground beef) - not lean beef
- 500g (1.1 pounds) sausage mince - we squeezed the meat from sausages
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fine white pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1/4 cup worstershire sauce
- 30g (1 ounce) butter
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder or a shot of coffee
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- lightly butter a 21cm x 14cm x 7cm (8 1/2 inch x 5 1/2 inch x 2 1/2 inch) loaf pan
- preheat oven to 180c (355f
- combine all meatloaf ingredients in a bowl
- wet your hands and thoroughly mix everything together
- spoon and press meat into pan
- bake on middle shelf for 30 minutes
- meanwhile make the bbq glaze
- remove pan from oven and drain fat and discard
- pour bbq glaze over meatloaf and return to oven for 45 minutes
- baste every 10 minutes
- remove from oven
- serve and enjoy!
- place all ingredients in a small saucepan
- bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes
- meatloaf can be frozen prior to baking
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Coops is never without something in his mouth and this pink toy is his new favourite. Look how cute he looks in the dappled light. Aww!