Mango and red onion salad says summer is here and we’re so glad. Mangoes are one of summers highlights in the food arena. Kensington Pride mangoes, here in Australia, are the best all round mango for flavour and aroma. This salad is super simple to prepare, but it totally needs full flavoured mangoes to deliver.
Perfect with seafood
This mango and red onion salad features without fail on our Christmas feast table. It is the perfect partner for prawns, bugs, salmon or lobster. It is wonderful with fresh crusty bread rolls piled with the salad and fresh prawns. Devine!
Red onions bring a lot to this salad with their gentle pickling in the vinegar and sugar which then becomes the dressing for the mangoes. Too easy! Slice onions as thin as you can or use a mandolin for super thin and evenly sliced onions.
Peel your mangoes with a sharp knife and slice flesh into thin slices.
Check out some more winning salad recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..asparagus with greek salad medley
click on the link for the recipe…..watermelon feta mint and olive stacks
click on the link for the recipe…..mexican prawn mango and avocado salad
click on the link for the recipe…..quick tuna and cannellini bean salad
click on the link for the recipe…..thai chicken larb salad
What’s your favourite salad recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this fabulous mango and red onion salad.
Mango and red onion salad is pure summer. Easy to prepare using fresh flavourful mangoes. The perfect salad to serve with seafood or with fresh crusty bread filled with prawns. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar ( or white vinegar)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- add vinegar and sugar to a small saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves
- allow vinegar and sugar mix to cool a little and add onions to soften ( about 15 minutes)
- slice mangoes and add to a bowl
- pour onion and liquid over mango slices and mix to coat with the dressing
- serve and enjoy!
- onions will lose some of their vibrant colour if you plan on making this too far in advance of serving e.g 2 days ahead
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Cooper throwing a tantrum.
Cooper has started to play dead by laying on his back and not moving, whenever he thinks a ride in the car is a possibility.