Lemon Curd and Almond Rolled Pavlova is one of those knock-out desserts that everyone wants the recipe for. The pavlova is simplicity itself using either a mixmaster or handheld mixer you’ll be ready for the oven in 15 minutes! Filled with our 10-minute lemon curd and whipped cream you’ll have this mastered in no time. Lemon curd and almond rolled pavlova is the taste of summer. Lip puckering, sweet lemon curd, fresh cream and the airy lightness of the meringue is heaven. Topped off with the nutty flavour of toasted almonds. Bliss! Impressive and so easy.
Egg whites beat up to a large volume providing that the eggs are fresh and at room temperature. If you forget to take your eggs out beforehand you can pop the whole eggs into a bowl of ‘lukewarm water’ for 10 minutes to take the chill from them. If you’re unsure about separating egg whites do one at a time in a separate bowl. Don’t get any yolk mixed in with the whites or the fat in the yolk will inhibit the whites from beating up.
Rolling The Pavlova
Lemon Curd and Almond Rolled Pavlova is very forgiving when you come to rolling it. If you’ve rolled it a little too loosely just unroll it and start again. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of paper depth so you can roll and keep it moving whilst still on the baking paper.
Unrolling Paper and Serving
When you’re ready to serve take pavlova from the fridge. Unwrap teatowel and paper. Using the paper slide your pavlova onto the serving plate and gently pull the paper out from beneath it.
Lemon Curd and Almond Rolled Pavlova
This pavlova is an absolute winner. Do yourself a favour and make this recipe. Toasted almonds on the outside contrast with the sweet and tangy lemon curd and slight crust of the pavlova.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar (300g)
- teaspoon x 1 cornstarch (cornflour)
- teaspoon x 1 white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoon flaked almonds
- cup Lemon Curd Lemon curd - Super quick and easy
- 9 fl oz (250ml) whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 360f (180c) on bake, not fan
- Line a swiss roll pan approx 14 x 10 inches (35 x 25 cm) with baking paper
- Put egg whites in mixmaster bowl and beat on medium till whites are foamy (about 1 minute)
- Raise speed to high and gradually add sugar one tablespoon at a time beating for around 10 seconds between spoonfuls
- Continue beating on high till mixture is white and glossy and stiff peaks form (around 7-10 minutes)
- Rub a little of the mixture between your fingertips and if you can still feel sugar continue beating till you can't feel the sugar
- Turn mixmaster off and add the vanilla, vinegar and cornstarch (cornflour)
- Mix on low until vanilla, vinegar and cornstarch (cornflour) is incorporated ( about 20 seconds)
- Using a spatula scrape meringue into the pan and level the top for even cooking. The mixture doesn't need to be perfectly smooth.
- Sprinkle almonds evenly over top of the meringue
- Place in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until almonds are a light golden colour Keep a close eye on meringue as all ovens are different
- Test with a skewer which should come out clean. If not pop back in the oven for a minute and then retest with a skewer.
- There should be a very thin crust on the pavlova
- Remove cooked pavlova from oven and place on a cooling rack
- Spread a clean tea towel on the bench and layer two overlapping pieces of baking paper on top of the tea towel
- Lift cooled meringue onto baking paper with the almond top on the baking paper
- Peel baking paper off gently
- Whip cream
- Spread with lemon curd, then spread the cream over the curd
- Lift tea towel and baking paper and gently roll away from you till you have a roll
- Trim ends of pavlova with a serrated knife for a cleaner look - optional
- Twist ends of the tea towel and baking paper and place in the refrigerator
- When ready to serve unroll towel and paper and gently lift onto a serving plate
Amount Per Serving Calories 315Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 63mgSodium 91mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 0gSugar 41gProtein 4g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.