Korean beef Bulgolgi is a perfect mid week, budget friendly, quick and tasty dish. Throw it all in a bowl, mix, add some oil to a wok, stir fry the mixture for 6-8 minutes and garnish with some shallots (scallions) and toasted sesame seeds. Done!
Bulgolgi is usually made with scotch fillet or other more expensive cuts that are thinly sliced. Using mince (ground) beef cuts down on expense and time.
You can prepare the marinade and meat the day before cooking. Feel free to modify the ratios to your taste. Add a little more chilli, sesame oil or soy to your liking.
the wok or frypan
Heat your wok or pan till its very hot, then add your oil and swirl around the wok so that the sides are coated in oil. Quickly add your meat and keep stir frying it, breaking up the mince as you go.
what to serve with the Bulgolgi
Bulgolgi is typically served with steamed rice and kimchee. A fried egg on the top also goes down a treat. Or try serving your Bulgolgi with crisp, cold lettuce cups which are great for entertaining.
Watch How To Make Easy Korean Beef Bulgolgi
Scroll to the bottom for the Easy Korean Beef Bulgolgi recipe
check out some more winning mince (ground) meat recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..Meatloaf with BBQ Glaze
click on the link for the recipe…..Stir Fried Pork and Sesame Udon Noodles
click on the link for the recipe…..Easy Bolognese Sauce
click on the link for the recipe…..Smoky Chilli Con Carne – Gluten Free
click on the link for the recipe…..Italian Baked Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
What’s your favourite recipe using mince (ground) meat? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make easy Korean beef bulgogi.
Bulgolgi made with mince (ground) beef is a very quick dish to get on the table for dinner. Serve it with some steamed rice and kimchee, or in crisp cold lettuce cups. A fried egg on top is another option.
- 500g (1 pound) beef mince (ground beef)
- 5cm (2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 10 fat cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into small dice
- good pinch of dried chilli flakes - optional
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 shallots (scallions), finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- combine beef, garlic, ginger, onion, soy sauce, mirin, sugar, chilli and black pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly together
- heat a wok or large frypan over high heat
- add oil and swirl to coat the pan
- add beef mixture and break up any clumps of beef
- stir fry for 6-8 minutes till beef is cooked and barely any cooking liquid is left
- add in shallots (scallions), sesame seeds and sesame oil
- give it all a good toss and serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g