Italian Lemon Almond and White Chocolate Cake is so moist and lemony with white chocolate as a secret ingredient that adds a luxury smoothness to the dense crumb. This Italian Lemon Almond and White Chocolate Cake is a complete winner! Delicious, moist and utterly fantastic as an easy to make cake that completely delivers. We made this cake for a simple and delicious summer luncheon with friends, serving our quick tuna and cannellini bean salad followed by this Italian lemon almond and white chocolate cake with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Everyone bar none asked for the recipe. With 12 guests, that was quite a compliment!
This cake is happy to be served with a coffee, packed for a picnic or served as an elegant finish to an Italian feast, perhaps with a little shot of limoncello liqueur on the side.
Italian Lemon Almond and White Chocolate Cake is gluten free. Made with almond flour (almond meal) it’s a wonderfully moist cake, with a slightly dense crumb.
We have adapted this Italian lemon, almond and white chocolate cake to add a crunchy, thin almond praline topping that adds a light crunch along with the moist cake. You can absolutely leave the almond topping from the recipe and still have a delicious dessert.
Italian Lemon Almond and White Chocolate Cake will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days after baking and freezes very well for several months. We do not recommend freezing the cake if you have added the almond praline topping.
Check out some more fabulous lemon desserts
Lemon Curd and Almond Butter Cake
Lemon curd and almond butter cake is a rustic cake with highs and lows formed by the deep pools of delicious golden curd and the soft buttery almond crumb of the butter cake batter then topped off with golden toasted almonds. What’s not to like!
Lemon Curd Sponge Roulade Lemon curd sponge roulade is a light as a feather sponge, filled with lip puckering lemon curd and fresh cream. It will become a winning recipe for your repertoire. Ten minutes to make the sponge and ten more to bake, add another 10 minutes for your lemon curd and job done. Delish!
When we first came across this recipe we doubted the simplicity of the recipe and the wow factor it would deliver. Many family and friends have enjoyed this lemon curd sponge roulade and gone home with the recipe and in turn shared the wow of this cake far and wide.
Edna’s Lemon Curd Cake
We love anything with lemon and Edna’s lemon curd cake is a cake to love. Quick to put together and super easy to make. It’s a perfect little cake for afternoon tea. All lemony with a dense crumb that’s perfect for serving with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
We came across this little winner on the net and immediately knew we had to bake it. We actually made it in a food processor and the mixture resembles a dough rather than a pouring consistency batter.
This is not a deep cake by any means. It’s more of a teacake, but it’s quick and delicious!
Easy Italian Lemon Mascarpone Tart
Italian lemon mascarpone tart is creamy, tangy, lemony and delicious. Our friend Elle gave us this recipe and it’s one that she makes throughout the year. Elle uses a quality store bought artisan pastry which makes this super quick to put together.
What’s your favourite lemon cake recipe?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this outstanding Italian Lemon Almond and White Chocolate Cake.
This moist, lemony Italian lemon cake has the option of having a toffee almond topping. Delicious with, or without the topping.
- 350g almond flour (almond meal) -12 ounces
- 200g white chocolate chopped (7 ounces) - we used 2 blocks Lindt extra silky white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons full cream milk or cream
- 180g butter softened (6 ounces)
- 130g castor sugar (4 1/2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract - optional
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g slivered almonds (3 1/2 ounces)
Almond Praline Topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 120g butter (4 1/4 ounces)
- 10 tablespoons castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons plain flour (all-purpose flour)or gluten free plain flour
- preheat oven to 350 f (175c)
- grease and line base 10 1/2 inch or 27cm of springform pan with baking paper
- combine chocolate and milk and gently melt over double boiler or microwave till melted
- set chocolate aside to cool
- beat butter with sugar till light, white and fluffy (around 3 minutes)
- add lemon zest, egg yolks, and extract if using till well combined
- now add almond flour (almond meal), melted chocolate and lemon juice
- beat until combined
- add slivered almonds
- in a separate bowl beat egg whites till soft peak
- fold egg whites through mixture gently till combined
- spoon batter into cake tin and smooth top
- bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean
- remove cake from oven
- turn oven up to 400 f (200 c)
- spread almond topping evenly over cake
- return cake to oven for 5 minutes
- keep an eye on the almonds as you only want them to go golden ( 4-5 minutes)
- remove cake from oven
- run a knife around sides of cake tin
- allow to cool completely in the tin
- release sides of tin
- slide cake onto a serving plate
- serve and enjoy!
- mix all topping ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat
- mixture will boil and bubble
- remove from heat
- spread over top of cooked cake
- cake freezes well
- almond topping is optional
Amount Per Serving Calories 558Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 66mgSodium 35mgCarbohydrates 107gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 16g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.