Ginger and shallot dipping sauce is a delicious sauce for chinese dumplings. Its gingery flavour marries beautifully with the sauces and shallots. We just love going to yum cha and it used to be a Sunday ritual but since moving we don’t have a local yum cha any longer. So what’s a girl to do but create her own version of yum cha at home and this ginger and shallot dipping sauce transports us back to yum cha any day of the week.
We stock up on Chinese dumplings from chinatown when we visit the city and stash them in the freezer for when the urge hits. Steamed dumplings with ginger and shallot dipping sauce is fabulous when you have friends around too, and everyone loves the sauce.
Ginger and shallot dipping sauce takes only minutes to make. You can make it the day before serving and simply add the fresh chopped coriander on the day.
Check out some more winning finger food recipes
- guacamole with tabasco – gluten free
- egg salad sandwich
- smoked salmon pate with quick pickled cucumbers – gluten free
What’s your favourite finger food recipe?
This delicious gingery dipping sauce takes dumplings to another level.
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis - see notes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced shallots (spring onions)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly
- kecap manis is a thick sweet soy sauce available in most supermarkets
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g