Foolproof Béarnaise Sauce uses a stick blender, a narrow jar and hot melted butter to produce a great béarnaise in minutes. No more whisking and whisking and whisking over a double boiler.
Two minutes from go to whoa for the whisking part and you’re there. Buttery, rich, tarragon flecked classic French béarnaise sauce, the perfect accompaniment to a beautifully cooked piece of beef.
Why this method is foolproof
Blending hot butter with the egg, vinegar and white wine reduction makes for a stable emulsion that works each and every time.
Size does matter
The size of the jar or vessel you are using to blend the Béarnaise is important. The head of the stick blender must fit snugly into the jar or vessel so that a vortex can be created which emulsifies and marries the butter into the egg yolks for a smooth and creamy sauce.
Making the reduction
Making a reduction with white wine, vinegar, peppercorns, tarragon stems and eschallots allow these flavours to concentrate, making the flavour base for this classic sauce.
Loads of other uses
Classic Béarnaise sauce is the all time famous French sauce to serve with beef steaks, think a beautifully cooked Rib on the bone steak napped with freshly made Béarnaise, is nothing short of a sensational marriage.
Serve Béarnaise over poached eggs with smoked salmon, drizzled over steamed asparagus spears, poured over panfried field mushrooms or simply napped over roasted chicken.
Watch How To Make Foolproof Béarnaise Sauce
Still Hungry? Subscribe to our newsletter and follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Check out some more winning sauce and dressing recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..Easy Hollandaise Sauce
click on the link for the recipe…..30 Second Whole Egg Mayonnaise
click on the link for the recipe…..Homemade Ranch Dressing
click on the link for the recipe…..Easy Homemade Tartare Sauce
click on the link for the recipe….. Ginger and Shallot Dipping Sauce
What’s your favourite way to use béarnaise sauce?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this foolproof béarnaise sauce.
Foolproof Béarnaise Sauce Technique
Foolproof Béarnaise Sauce Technique is easily made with the use of a stick blender and a jar that the stick blender head fits into snugly. Success every time. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 sprigs tarragon, leaves stripped and finely chopped and stems used for the reduction
- 1 small eschallot, sliced - see notes
- 2 large egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 170 g (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- combine vinegar, wine, tarragon stems, peppercorns and shallots in a small saucepan
- bring to a boil, then reduce heat
- simmer until you have 1 1/12 tablespoons of liquid left
- strain liquid into jar you're using
- add egg yolks and a pinch of salt
- melt butter and pour into a jug
- place head of stick blender into the jar
- start motor running and slowly pour the hot melted butter into the yolk mixture raising the stick up and down a little to allow the emulsion to occur
- remove stick blender and fold through the chopped tarragon
- serve immediately or keep warm for up to an hour before serving
- serve and enjoy!
- Shallots, French shallots, eschallots are all the same thing. A small dry onion with a mild, sweeter flavour than brown or red onions. Used in French cooking.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Stop thief! Honestly nothing is sacred. Coops made a dash into the dressing room and in seconds had snatched a sarong off the shelf and entwined himself in it. There is something about retrievers that they simply just have to be ‘mouthing something’. Anything, it seems will do. Oh well, it won’t be the last garment we guess. So cute!