Easy quick tuna pasta has delicious pasta on the table in under 30 minutes. Speedy, delicious tuna, coupled with a trinity of garlic, anchovies and chillies. Throw in tomatoes, olives, rocket and lemon and you are on a roll to a great pasta dish.
We love pasta dishes like this as they are quick to prepare, fresh tasting and loaded with flavour.
This is just the sort of pasta we like to make when you just want quick, delicious and easy all at the same time. Tuna in oil is a great pantry standby along with pasta for super speedy pasta dishes.
Ring the changes
You can add baby spinach, loads of parsley or basil rather than the rocket. Swap the tomatoes with chargrilled capsicum (bell peppers) or semi dried tomatoes and you’ll still have a delicious pasta.
Check out more winning pasta recipes
Whats your favourite quick pasta recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Speedy, delicious tuna, coupled with the trinity of garlic, anchovies and chillies. Throw in some tomatoes, olives, rocket and lemon and you are on a roll to a great pasta dish.
- 10 ounces (300 g) spaghetti or other long thin pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1large tin 15 ounce (425 g) tuna in chilli oil
- 2 tablespoons baby capers
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- large handful of rocket/arugula
- 3 anchovies
- 2 large cloves of garlic peeled and finely sliced
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly milled black pepper
- cook pasta to manufacturers instruction
- add oil to frypan with anchovies, garlic and chilli on medium heat
- cook for 2 minutes
- add tomatoes, olives, zest and lemon juice cooking for 2 minutes
- tip tuna and oil into frypan
- gently mix pasta and rocket/arugula through the sauce
- grind black pepper to taste
- serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 2351Total Fat 146gSaturated Fat 43gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 68gCholesterol 381mgSodium 7721mgCarbohydrates 125gFiber 11gSugar 21gProtein 139g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.