This is the same great recipe, it was just time to give it a facelift.
This Easy Hollandaise Sauce – in less than 60 seconds! is unbelievably quick and easy to make. You’ll be putting up eggs benedict in a flash. The sauce is emulsified with a stick blender in a jar and is foolproof.
The trick for making this is using a container or jar that the head of the stick blender just fits into. It creates a vortex and combines the fats. Making this hollandaise is a sort of backwards way to making classic hollandaise. Instead of heating your eggs and adding the butter, you add hot butter to cold egg yolk. No more whisking and whisking over hot water. Voila!
keeping it warm
You can make this hollandaise ahead of time and keep it warm in a soup thermos for up to an hour
Watch How To MakeEasy Hollandaise Sauce – in less than 60 seconds!
Please scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe
Easy Hollandaise Sauce – in less than 60 seconds
Check out some more great sauce recipes
Check out some more winning sauces
Have you spent time giving your arm a workout making hollandaise the long way? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Hollandaise sauce made this way is a no brainer. Made in a minute you'll be cranking up the brunch invitations in no time.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 115 g unsalted butter (4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- pinch of salt
- gently melt butter in a small saucepan
- combine yolk, lemon juice, water and salt in the bottom of a jar that barely fits the head of the stick blender - see notes
- heat butter to just boiling
- transfer butter to a small jug
- put stick into the jar and slowly drizzle the butter in with the motor running
- sauce should be thick and creamy
- use straight away or keep warm till ready to use for up to an hour
- serve and enjoy!
- hollandaise can't be reheated
- this method doesn't work using a bowl
- if you want a slightly thinner hollandaise just a add a tablespoon or so of hot water and mix in
- if you like hollandaise extra lemony add some finely grated lemon zest
- use a jar that the stick blender fits into snugly
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g