Easy Chilli Crab Linguine with crab meat, olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon zest and juice, fresh herbs, capers and some chilli is a winning recipe. Toss in some cherry tomatoes for acidity and colour…. delicious!
So quick that dinner is on the table in 20 minutes! Too easy. Check out our chorizo prawn pasta for another amazingly delicious, quick pasta recipe in 30 minutes!
Weʼve used squid ink linguine here because we just love the colour contrast. Seriously though we really canʼt taste the ‘squid inkʼ in the pasta but just love the colour contrast…..so please go ahead and use fettuccini or linguine if thatʼs what you have.
We have been crabbing in the gorgeous waters of Moreton Bay so many times we couldnʼt count. Up early for the tide and dropping our pots from the boat, then coming back and pulling them up with much excitement. You have to be mindful of not taking the ‘jennysʼ which is the female crab. Size is also a major consideration, so if theyʼre too small, back they go….
We would bring our haul back home and have the biggest pot on with water boiling…..In they go for 8-10 minutes, then hauled out and cleaned. …(the boring part)….
Delicious, sweet and buttery crab meat. Dad would say we were good for 3 crabs, three times a day and he wasnʼt wrong. Very often the menu was freshly cooked crab meat, balsamic vinegar, salt and fine white pepper along with fresh crusty white bead and butter…… Ah, memories!
This Easy Chilli Crab Linguine dish was often on the menu after our catch. Quick to prepare and delicious. Simple, quick and so, so tasty.
Whatʼs your quick go-to pasta dish? Easy Chilli Crab Linguine
Crab linguine ready and on the table in twenty minutes! Delicious buttery, lemony and full of crab.... it's a great date night pasta.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces (50 g) butter
- 4 fat cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli finely chopped - seeds optional
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 10 ounces ( 300 g) fresh crab meat
- 1 lb ( 500 g) squid ink linguine or fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parsley roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- handful cherry tomatoes quartered
- freshly ground black pepper
- prepare pasta according to instructions, drain and set aside
- put oil and butter in a frypan over medium heat
- add chilli and garlic cooking for 2 minutes gently
- mix through capers then crab meat gently
- add lemon juice, zest, parsley, chives and tomatoes and mix gently through
- toss in linguine and pepper and mix thoroughly
- serve and enjoy!
- any type of pasta can be used
Amount Per Serving Calories 602Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 311mgSodium 1773mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 66g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.