Crustless smoked salmon and leek quiche is super quick to put together. Twenty minutes to prepare, then let the oven do the rest of the work. Dinner on the table in one hour and you’re good to go.
This quiche is perfect for days or nights when you just want something on the table fast, without too much fuss.
Crustless tarts take the pastry step out of the recipe, saving loads of carbs and time. Bonus!
It’s a fabulous luncheon or dinner dish. Delicious hot or cold, and perfect for lunchboxes.
We love these quick crustless quiche for picnic or bring a plate days, as they can be transported to the event in the dish.
Mix it up
You can mix the recipe up by swapping the salmon for the same weight of tinned salmon, swap the leek for onion or use your favourite cheese.
Look for smoked salmon offcuts as they are perfect for the quiche, and a heck of a lot cheaper than sliced salmon.
Scroll down for Crustless Salmon and Leek Quiche recipe
Watch How To Make Crustless Salmon and Leek Quiche
Check out some more winning quick dinner ideas
click on the link…..Easy Quick Tuna Pasta
click on the link…..Smoked Salmon and Lemon Pasta
click on the link…..Quick Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad
click on the link…..Chorizo & Prawn Pasta – Quick Spicy
click on the link…..Stir Fried Pork and Sesame Udon Noodles
What’s your favourite quiche filling?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make Crustless Smoked Salmon and Leek Quiche.
Crustless smoked salmon and leek quiche is super quick to put together. Twenty minutes to prepare, then let the oven do the rest of the work. Dinner on the table in one hour and you're good to go. Easy!
It's great served hot or cold.
- 125 g smoked salmon, cut into smallish pieces (4 1/2 oz)
- 1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 25 g butter, plus a little extra for buttering the pan (1 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons baby capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1/3 cup chives, finely sliced
- lightly butter a 5 cup capacity (25 cm / 10 inch) pie dish
- preheat oven to 200c (390f) on bake, not fan
- melt butter and gently soften sliced leeks (about 3-4 minutes)
- combine salmon, cheese, leeks and flour in a bowl and toss the flour through
- evenly scatter mixture into the base of the dish
- in a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, horseradish, zest, capers, dill and chives
- pour mixture over the salmon mixture
- bake on middle shelf for 40 minutes till golden
- serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Coops, like all Retrievers loves to ‘mouth’ soft things, and his mate Little Ted is no exception. Here he is asleep with Little Ted, who has seen better days!