Who doesnʼt like coconut macaroons?
Who doesnʼt like coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate? These golden, toasty coconut bites are chewy and moist on the inside. Delicious plain, and even better dipped in chocolate.
Coconut macaroons are a cinch to make and a perfect way to use up egg whites. Ready for the oven in around 10 minutes you canʼt go wrong. They are a perfect treat for children to put together in minutes ……..too easy!
Coconut macaroons make the perfect hostess gift and are ideal for holiday baking. Macaroons store well in the fridge for weeks.
As children, we would often share a can of the sweet, sticky liquid spooning straight from the tin. Our Mum used to make a condensed milk mayonnaise which was made with malt vinegar and mustard powder. Delicious! Try it with mashed hard boiled eggs and snipped chives along with shredded iceberg lettuce for your next egg sandwich.
Culinary historians report that macaroons can be traced to an Italian monastery of the 8th or 9th century.
Macaroons baked on a tray and ready for dipping into chocolate
Check out some more winning recipes
Do you like your macaroons plain or dipped in chocolate?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make these easy condensed milk macaroons.
These easy to make coconut macaroons and the are a winner. Dipped in chocolate for extra deliciousness.
- 14 oz (400 g) desiccated coconut
- 1 tin (13.9 oz / 395 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 oz (100g) chocolate buttons - milk or dark
- preheat oven to 325 f (165 c) on bake not fan
- line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- in a bowl add coconut , condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix together
- beat egg whites in a separate bowl till medium peaks - see photo
- gently fold whites through macaroon mixture
- using a scoop or 2 spoons place macaroons on baking sheet about 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) apart
- bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden
- leave on tray for 10 minutes then move macaroons onto a cake rack
- melt chocolate in a small bowl over a small saucepan with simmering water till melted
- dip macaroons in chocolate
- macaroons keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks
Amount Per Serving Calories 509Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 8mgSodium 338mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 10gSugar 38gProtein 7g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.