Christmas white chocolate rocky road is perfect for Christmas indulging. Filled with all sorts of gorgeous ingredients…..turkish delight, pistachio, macadamia, soft marshmallows, ruby red raspberry jellies, coconut and cranberries. All encased in rich white chocolate. What’s not to like?
Perfect for gifting
We love to make rocky road logs wrapped in cellophane and tied with a pretty ribbon for host gifts over the holiday period.
Great gift for children to make
Children love rocky road and it’s the perfect time for them to get into the kitchen to help prepare.
Try to use a good quality white chocolate brand to get the most flavour and mouth feel. Sure you pay a little more for the quality, but this is one time you don’t want to stint on quality.
Check out some more winning holiday gift winners
click on the link for the recipe…..salted caramel popcorn
click on the link for the recipe…..chocolate and almond toffeed dates
click on the link for the recipe……parmesan crisps
click on the link for the recipe…..cranberry white chocolate and pistachio cookies
click on the link for the recipe…..condensed milk coconut macaroons
What’s your favourite rocky road combinations?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below. when you make this fantastic Christmas white chocolate rocky road.
Christmas white chocolate rocky road is sinfully indulgent. Just the thing to make for the holidays, and to wrap into a pretty package as a host gift.
- 600 g white cooking chocolate ( 1 1/4 pound)
- 50 g large pink and white marshmallows (2oz)
- 400 g raspberry jelly lollies (14 ounces)
- 100 g macadamia nuts (3 1/2 ounces)
- 100 g shelled pistachio nuts (3 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 300 g rose turkish delight (10 ounces)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 24 x 30 cm (9 1/2 inch x 12 inch) baking tin lined with plastic wrap
- roast macadamia and pistachio in oven 180 c (350 f) for ten minutes, or until a light golden brown
- cut turkish delight and marshmallows in half
- melt chocolate over a double boiler gently till melted
- pour nuts and all other ingredients into a bowl
- pour melted chocolate over ingredients and mix thoroughly
- spoon into baking tray, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until set
- use a long sharp knife to cut into squares
- serve and enjoy!
- rocky road keeps for ages in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Amount Per Serving Calories 318Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 7mgSodium 57mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 35gProtein 3g
Caught not once but twice in the same day
After struggling for months to get some grass growing in a shady area, Cooper has taken to digging and this is the result!