Chorizo & Prawn Pasta – Quick Spicy
This quick and easy spicy chorizo and prawn pasta is just too easy to knock together for a quick lunch or dinner and is ready to eat in under 30 minutes! Chorizo, chilli, butter, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice form the delicious coating for the pasta.
Chorizo sausage is a fabulous freezer standby as its smoky spiciness, 100% pork, smoked paprika and garlic add incredible flavour to dishes, just like in this pasta dish. Peeled green prawns are another fantastic freezer standby as they thaw in minutes.
Chorizo, garlic and chilli frying
Our freezer is filled with quick standby proteins that with a little bit of meal planning can be thawed ahead and ready to cook without having to go to the supermarket. Got to love that!
Check out our fabulous puttanesca pasta sauce for another quick and oh so tasty pasta dish knocked together and ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages sliced thinly ( about 10 oz / 300 grams)
- 3 fat cloves of garlic peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 long red chili finely chopped - seeds optional
- 10 oz (300 grams) raw peeled prawns - sliced or left whole
- 3 oz (80 grams) butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 14 oz (400 grams) dried spaghetti
- fresh ground black pepper
- Put large pot of water onto boil and cook spaghetti according to manufacturers instructions for 2 minutes less than recommended time
- Place olive oil in frypan over medium heat and add chorizo cook on one side till brown and turn over
- Add sliced garlic and chilli, stirring for a minute
- Add fresh prawns, butter, zest and lemon juice stirring for 2 minutes
- Strain cooked spaghetti keeping half a cup of the pasta water
- Add pasta, pasta water and parsley to spaghetti tossing to cook for 2 minutes
- Add a good grind of black pepper and serve
- Pasta water is a great addition as the salty, starchy water helps to bring all the flavours together and finishes off cooking the spaghetti so you don't overcook it.
- Sliced chorizo in the freezer is a handy standby to add to other pasta dishes like tomato based sauces and imparts a fabulous flavour.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1116Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 74mgSodium 964mgCarbohydrates 160gFiber 8gSugar 7gProtein 44g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.