Chocolate almond cookies are chocolate cookie heaven. Laden with chocolate and almonds, moist with a little skirt of chewy crunch and very possibly addictive…..you won’t be able to stop at eating just one! Melting pockets of chocolate and almond crunch in every bite…..delicious! If you love the combination of chocolate and nuts try our chocolate chip cookies with macadamia for another unbelievably good chocolate chip cookie.
THE MIXTURE AND ELBOW GREASE!
Chocolate almond cookies are easy peasy to make but……the mixture is a very thick…very, very thick so you will need a bit of muscle to mix in the chocolate and almonds.
BAKING THE CHOCOLATE ALMOND COOKIES
All ovens differ. Check your cookies at the 11 or 12-minute mark as they will be soft but if you lift one up and check the bottom of the cookie it should be a nice deep brown colour. Remove and allow to cool on the tray. As the cookies cool they will dry a little and you should have a slightly crunchy outside.
What’s your favourite go-to chocolate chip cookie?
These cookies are laden with chocolate and almonds. They are incredibly hard to resist eating and are just plain double chocolate delicious!
- 2 cups all purpose (plain) flour
all purpose (plain) flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder sifted
Dutch processed cocoa powder sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bi-carb soda)
baking soda (bi-carb soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces (285 g) salted butter, softened
- castor sugar x 1 cup
castor sugar x 1 cup
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
light brown sugar
- large egg x 1
egg x 1
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk or dark chocolate chips
milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- preheat oven to 350f (175 c) on bake, not fan
- line baking sheets with baking paper
- mix flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl with a whisk or fork
- cream butter and sugar in mixer till pale lemon colour (about 3-4 minutes)
- next add egg, coffee and vanilla and mix for 30 seconds
- now add flour, baking powder (bi-carb), salt and cocoa powder
- pulse mixer at first till just combined - mixture is very thick
- add chocolate chips and nuts - pulsing mixer as you add them
- use a 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) ice cream scoop and place cookies on baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart
- bake for 12-15 minutes - check after 12 minutes
- cool cookies on baking sheet - cookies will be soft but will firm up when cooled
- serve and enjoy!
- cookie mixture can be frozen after scooping ready to pull out and bake
Amount Per Serving Calories 90Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 12mgSodium 77mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 1g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.