Asparagus with prosciutto and blue cheese is great as an entree, side dish, or party finger food! Super quick, tasty and easy to put together. Put these on your holiday finger food menu and youʼll be one happy host.
Spring is the beginning of asparagus season and it gets us excited for the many ways to use this luxurious vegetable which is ridiculously cheap at the beginning of the season.
Perfect for preparing ahead
You can prepare these babies a day or two ahead. Simply cover tightly with cling wrap and remove from the fridge half an hour before serving.
If blue cheese doesnʼt float your boat
Swap out the blue cheese for the following:
- tangy goats cheese with some semi dried tomatoes mixed through it
- soft cream cheese mixed with a healthy amount of finely sliced chives and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- shaved parmesan cheese
- sliced swiss cheese
- Boursin cheese (that delicious little round of cream cheese mixed with garlic and herbs from France)…..so moreish!
Prosciutto or jamon
Try to get your prosciutto or jamon sliced at the deli rather than buying those ridiculously expensive pre sliced packets. It works out way cheaper to have it sliced for you.
Check out some more winning finger food
click on the link for the recipe…..haloumi fries with roasted garlic anchovy and caper sauce – gluten free
click on the link for the recipe…..cheese puff tarts
click on the link for the recipe…..devilled eggs with smoked salmon
click on the link for the recipe…..egg salad sandwich
click on the link for the recipe…..smoked salmon pate with quick pickled cucumbers
Whats’s your favourite way to eat asparagus? We would love to hear from you in the comments below. when you make these super easy and tasty asparagus with prosciutto and blue cheese.
Fresh, elegant and very tasty combination that is a doddle to prepare.
- 20 asparagus spears
- 250 gm soft blue cheese (we used Castello creamy blue) (9oz)
- 10 slices prosciutto or jamon
- trim and steam asparagus till tender
- rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process
- cut prosciutto slice in half
- spread prosciutto with a little blue cheese
- roll prosciutto tightly around asparagus
- serve and enjoy!
- we like to use fat spears rather than the very thin asparagus
- we used Castello blue creamy cheese which is a lovely mild, soft and creamy blue cheese that spreads easily
Amount Per Serving Calories 75Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 19mgSodium 527mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 7g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.