Asparagus with hollandaise is a classic pairing. Asparagus season is just starting here in Australia and we absolutely love this vegetable. We can’t get enough of this luxurious vegetable when in season and excited that the time is now.
Seriously simple and ready in under a minute!
The hollandaise is made in a minute using a stick blender. No more whisking and whisking and whisking. Simply melt some butter and slowly pour it onto an egg yolk, lemon juice and water. The trick is to use a container slightly larger at the base than your blender…….think tall mason jar.
The other trick is to keep it warm by popping the sauce into a soup thermos. Voila! Instant happiness.
Check out more winning vegetable recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..brown sugar glazed carrots
click on the link for the recipe…..creamy muffin tin potato stacks
click on the link for the recipe…..zucchini fritters with a Turkish twist
click on the link for the recipe….brussel sprouts with bacon onion and garlic
click on the link for the recipe…..easy bread and butter cucumber pickle
What’s your favourite asparagus recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this delicious asparagus with hollandaise.
Asparagus with hollandaise is a no brainer when it comes to this winning hollandaise sauce. Super quick to make in under a minute and served with luxurious asparagus, it's a winner!
- 1 large egg yolk
- 115 g butter (4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- pinch of salt
- 3 bunches of asparagus
- freshly ground black pepper
- melt butter gently in a small saucepan
- combine yolk, water, lemon and salt in the bottom of a jar that barely fits the head of the blender - see notes
- heat butter till just boiling
- transfer butter to a small jug
- put stick into jar and slowly drizzle the hot butter onto the yolk
- sauce should be thick and creamy
- use straight away or keep warm till ready to use for up to an hour
- serve and enjoy
- note: hollandaise can't be reheated
- : if you want a slightly thinner hollandaise simply add a tablespoon or two of hot water
- : this method will not work using a bowl
- steam asparagus till tender
- dollop hollandaise over asparagus and sprinkle with fresh black pepper
- if you like hollandaise extra lemony, add some grated lemon rind
- use a jar that the head of the stick blender fits snugly into the base
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 103mgSodium 160mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Nutritional information provided here is only intended as a guide.