Almond Cookies – Gluten Free are irresistible. Chewy outer, with a lovely little crunch from the toasted almonds and a soft centre of almonds and orange zest. Just five ingredients brings these cookies together in half an hour including baking time.
Quick to put together
Almond cookies are super quick to put together. Lightly whisk some egg whites and put the other ingredients into a bowl, mix, scoop, roll in almonds and bake. Too easy!
Check out some more winning cookie recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..forgotten meringue cookies
click on the link for the recipe…..chocolate chip macadamia cookies
click on the link for the recipe…..honey ginger snap cookies
What’s your favourite cookie recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make these delicious little almond cookies – gluten free.
These quick to put together almond cookies are delicious. Thirty minutes from go till your popping one in your mouth and congratulating yourself on baking a batch of cookies that are chewy on the outside with moist almond and orange zest inside.
- 300 g (10 1/2 ounces) almond meal (almond flour)
- 200 g (7 ounces) caster sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- zest of 1 orange, finely grated
- 1 cup flaked almonds - for rolling cookies with
- icing sugar to dust (optional)
- preheat oven to 180 c (355 f) on bake, not fan
- line a baking sheet with baking paper
- in a bowl add almond meal, orange zest and sugar
- in a seperate bowl lightly beat egg whites till frothy
- add egg whites to almond mixture
- work egg whites through the almond mixture till combined - see notes
- use a small scoop or roll balls with your hands - we used a 3 1/2 cm (1 inch) mini scoop
- spread flaked almonds on a plate or bowl
- roll balls in flaked almonds till covered
- bake on middle shelf of oven for 16-18 minutes or till almonds have turned light brown
- remove from oven and move onto a cake rack to cool
- dust with a fine dusting of icing sugar
- serve and enjoy!
- when adding the egg whites it may seem that the mixture is not going to blend, but keep mixing and it will come together
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Honestly, pups are just like children. You turn your back and chaos rules. He has dug a hole, chewed the rain gauge, chewed the end off the hose and made short work of the garden tool handle, all in minutes!